Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Playfield Finnished






About a month and a half ago we had a two week break between semesters at school, during this time I completely rebuilt the playfield. I knew that I would not have time within the semester to finish this job and get the curcuit board, and other electronics work done to. The first job was to completely disassemble the top and some of the bottom of the playfield. I put all of the metal parts in my tumbler to pollish them up and make them look new again. I stripped the playfield bare, touched up the paint, sanded, and clear coated the playfield in two weeks. After that job was finished the following procedures where completed. All drop targets, and springs where replaced, pop bumpers rebuilt, flippers rebuilt, all coil sleeves replaced. At this point it was time to put things back together, but before I did that I scanned all of the plastics into my computer, at some point I would like to try my hand at vectorization of artwork. Some of my plastics are broken so I will try to create new ones in the future, if I do a good enough job at vector art I hope to send the files to Classic Playfield Restorations. Putting the top side of the playfield together I replaced all of the rubber and all of the 555 light bulbs. This machine uses 555's exclusively there are no other bulbs on this machine. Well here are the pictures of the finished playfield. Also I would like to add that these pictures are only a small portion of the pictures I take during my restoration process. If anyone reading this blog needs other photos to help them do a restoration just let me know and I will send you more pictures. I also have lots of pictures of other machines that I have shopped out or restored and they are, Flash, Road Show, World Cup Soccer, and Target Alpha.

No comments:

Post a Comment